1:17 PM Sunday, July 13, 2008
Ahh, back in touch with the online world again at last. It has been 2 weeks up till now, still it gets really lonely and quiet without the Internet when you’re in a strange new environment. Just a gentle reminder, I’m at INTI International University College, Nilai, Negeri Sembilan pursuing the American University Programme. Yeap, aiming really high cause my only options are the Ivy Leagues universities. A grand total of 8 universities which I can apply to. I don’t have a choice; the Public Service Department set a rule that says we’re only allowed to apply to Ivy Leagues, which also means tough competition. I think I’m going to study and work so hard that I’ve never done before in my life.
First week of life at INTI was all about orientation. Activities were lined up from morning till past midnight. So sleep wasn’t exactly peaceful. But I think I managed to pay back during my weekends. Oh, another reason why I don’t get good sleep at night is because there isn’t such thing called curfew!!! Woohoo!!! We can go out mamak-ing, basketball-ing, badminton-ing, dating, whatever you name it, no one cares what time you come back. But it’s also not a very good thing either cause people will be screaming and slamming the doors early in the morning. I’m slowly adapting.
INTI is a good place, so far I think so. Facilities are complete, we can get almost anything we need here, except clothing's. That’s why we always find students cabuting to Subang Jaya or KL during the weekends which I’m going to attempt soon. XDI just had lunch alone, in my room. Sad isn't it. Roommate went out with her family and most of the students went back to their own homes this weekend. How i wish too, but if i do it so often, I'll never get used to living alone. Now most of my time are dedicated to washing clothes, taking care of my own meals, walking around campus cause no car, don't really need one la actually. Yea, that's about it. And of course studying and struggling to fight with the best. aih...Not much entertainment during the weekends unless you're active in sports, then it's fun. But what's fun on a Saturday night, erm past midnight is to sit right in the middle of one of the basketball courts in total darkness in a group of 6 girls and to do what you may ask? GOSSIP!! hahaha. When everyone else are in their rooms, some fast asleep some still doing stuff in their room, don't know what, we sit in the middle of nowhere and talk. Anything under the moon and stars. And when you wake up on a Sunday afternoon, you realize, oh shucks, tomorrow's a Monday and classes start again. So i decided to make full use of my Sunday, but no company and it's raining. =( So i just resorted to packing lunch from outside, get a copy of today's newspaper and make it back to my room just before the rain starts to pour. Relax and enjoy every bit of the afternoon should do the trick. Thank god there's internet connection, if not, i'd go down and play in the rain. Joking. =D Still homesick. I shall overcome it!!! Yes i will. Take care all. =)